By TopDown Team
April 25th, 2017
Calc Manager is at the center of Oracle’s EPM suite. It’s the place to develop logic for Essbase, HFM, and Planning on-premise or in the Cloud. It’s chock full of advanced features and it’s quite a task to master all of them. That’s where we come in.
Join Ron Moore, at Kscope17 in San Antonio for a deep dive into some of the more advanced features of Calc Manager. We’ll take Calc Manager to the extreme. We’ll have something for everyone and that something is what you will not find in the documentation. That something is knowledge from working with Calc Manager for the last several years, putting the application through its paces and taking it to the limits. We’ll cover all the cool hidden features, answer challenging questions, and give you a lot of new ideas to be more efficient on their next project.
We will focus on the stuff that saves time and/or allow you to do things you can’t otherwise do, and/or explore like:
- how to take advantage of Calc Manager’s modular nature to develop rules and rule sets quickly and benefit from reusability
- all types of variables and some advanced variable tricks
- how to troubleshoot using the debugger, error messages and logs (especially with the Cloud)
- how to use Custom Defined Templates to adapt your rules to different outlines and applications
- how to use Custom-Defined Functions
- And more!
TopDown’s experts presented all of their Kscope17 during our Kscope17 Encore Series. We covered the gamut of topics. You can find all the recordings here.
Handling Textual Data in Planning and Essbase—A Starbucks Case Study – Juan Porter and Rhonda Brigham, Starbucks