By TopDown Team
June 26th, 2013
- Opal Alapat’s “What’s the UPK?”—showed how to leverage the application for a successful rollout.
- Ludovic de Paz and Terrence Sundar’s “Calc Manager: Go Beyond the Basics and Unleash the Power of Oracle Hyperion Planning“—emphasized simplification at all levels.
Both sessions were very well attended (40+ and 75+ respectively) and the speakers fielded a lot of great questions at the end.
The day also offered another great opportunity people to get a taste of different technologies than they may currently use—e.g., EPM people attending BI sessions, learning more about UPK, What is Big data? What is unstructured data?
Other interesting tidbits for the day included:
- IT complexity = innovation barrier. It’s typically 86% running and only 14% transforming the business. Will the Cloud solve this problem?
- What is unstructured data? Think “comment box” The good news is Oracle Endeca makes it easy to pull key words and phrases from this data.
- How does ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) interface with Hadoop to access Big Data? Knowledge Modules for Hive? Just how does it?
Tomorrow is the last day of the conference and will be the last of the Kscope13 reports. Until then…