By Eldred Smikle
April 19th, 2011
My team and I are deep in the Oracle Hyperion 188.8.131.52 release and I expect to have a lot to say about this once it’s installed and up and running. In the meantime, I’ve culled the key bits from the documentation notes and provided them below. Also included be low is the link to the 184.108.40.206 documentation and the official release description from Oracle.
Are we having fun yet?
More info as I have it…
Oracle EPM System 220.127.116.11 Technical Notes—
- Upgrade support from prior EPM releases (9.2.1, 9.3.3, and 18.104.22.168)
- Upgrades from any other product versions require an intermediary upgrade to one of the supported upgrade versions above
- Applies as a maintenance release to System EPM 22.214.171.124 environments
- New individual client installations for Financial Reporting Studio, Strategic Finance Client, and Offline Planning to eliminate the previous requirement of copying a large install directory to perform the installation
- Installation support to a shared drive in UNIX environments to allow the install to one central location for subsequent configuration to each machine in a distributed environment
- Allows Oracle HTTP server load balancing configuration for Financial Management and Financial Data Quality Management web applications on IIS via the EPM System Configurator
- Support for Essbase client/server one-way SSL connectivity
- Improved integration configuration with EPM Workspace and OBIEE
- Financial Reporting Print Server installation now installed with Financial Reporting Studio Client installation
- EPM System Configurator now allows for specification of non-default file location for Essbase Studio data source files
- Financial Reporting Scheduler Server now integrated with existing Financial Reporting Server services
- Design changes to EPM Architect server components allows for failover clustering configuration of EPM Dimension Server with Oracle ClusterWare
Oracle EPM System 11.1.2.x Technical Notes—
- Oracle Diagnostic Logging (ODL) framework implemented with most EPM products for robust log file management
- Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) integration with Oracle support to collect configuration information to assist with troubleshooting/diagnostics
- IPv6 resolution support
- Support for additional SSL connectivity including data access, two-way SSL communication, and the use of SSL accelerators
- Support for Essbase active-passive failover configuration with Oracle ClusterWare
- New individual client installations for the Essbase Excel Addin and Disclosure Management Client to eliminate the previous requirement of copying a large install directory to perform the installation
New Products with Oracle EPM System 11.1.2.x—
- Financial Close Management
- Disclosure Management
Hyperion 126.96.36.199 Official Documentation—
The link below includes the installation documentation and readmes for the 188.8.131.52 release.
Hyperion 184.108.40.206 Official Description—
Oracle EPM System release 220.127.116.11 is an important update to the EPM 11.1.2 release. Highlights of this new release include:
- Support for upgrade from prior releases: EPM System release 18.104.22.168 supports the migration of applications and data from prior releases, 9.2.1, 9.3.3 and 22.214.171.124. It also supports the upgrade of EPM System release 126.96.36.199 as a maintenance release.
- Platform support extensions: Operating System support is extended to include Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2. Support for Microsoft Office 2010 is available as well.
- Support for iXBRL in Oracle Hyperion Disclosure Management: iXBRL has been adopted by the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as the UK standard for tax filings. With this functionality in Oracle Hyperion Disclosure Management, organizations can now produce their tax filings in-house using Microsoft Office and other desktop productivity applications, perform iXBRL tagging, and prepare their filings for submission to HMRC.
- Pre-built integration between Oracle Hyperion Financial Close Management 188.8.131.52 and PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 and 9.1: This will enable organizations to streamline and effectively manage financial close activities across their PeopleSoft ERP and Oracle Hyperion EPM applications.
EPM 184.108.40.206 release also includes several important enhancements across the EPM applications portfolio. Please refer to the following sites for additional information on this release*:
- Technical Information – Oracle Technology Network (OTN)
- Partner Information – Oracle Partner Network (OPN)
- My Oracle Support – Oracle EPM Product Information Center
- Oracle’s eDelivery download center
*Login may be required for some areas of these sites.
EPM v220.127.116.11 is available on the following Operating Systems:
- IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
- Linux x86
- Linux x86-64
- Windows (32-bit)
- Windows x64
- Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)